Saturday, July 14, 2007

ITC-CSCC07 Conference

So, the week after attending my brother's wedding and got back to Korea, I've been hooked up with the preparation for this ITC-CSCC (International Technical Conference on Circuits/Systems, Computers and Communications) conference. Since my professor was one of the committee members for this conference, some of us in his laboratory were asked to help up in this conference and I was one of them. The conference was held at one of the five stars hotel in Busan from 8th July till 11st July, with participants from Korea, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, China, India, USA, Singapore and Malaysia.


[Day 1]


We were there to attend a briefing on the work allocation and help up with some preparation tasks as well as the registration of participants.



[Day 2]

ITC conference officially kick-off date. It took around 45mins by car to reach the hotel from my campus and we need to report ourselves at hotel by 8am. Therefore, I have to wake up at 6am for 3 days continuously to get myself prepared and rush over to the hotel. 6am may not seems early for most of you...however, for a person who used to stay up late at night... it was really a torturing experience.

We were given the lunch coupons to take our lunch at hotel staff canteen. The dishes were nice and the environment reminded me of my industrial training days. There, you were able to see the staffs from various departments.

[Day 3]

There was a banquet dinner for those VIPs and participants from oversea. Thanks to some absentees, we were given the chance to join the banquet as well (actually is to fill in the emptiness). The actual cost of one banquet dinner is 60,000won (around RM200++) per person.





So, here's the menu of the banquet...




Now..here's the snapshot of the food....=p~





Since I was not a beef-eater, my dish was replaced by a grilled fish ^^



TIRAMISU~~ Very tempting...right ;) I've heard lots of comment on the quality a real and delicious tiramisu has to be. Without any delay, I took my first bite on it and.....and.......O-M-G!!! It tasted sooooooooo heavenly delicious!!! Seriously...



The highlight of the dinner was the traditional performance by a local dancing group. Goshhhh... I was really touched by the "pro" skill of those dancers. I don't normally enjoy this kinda traditional performance..but I must admit that this one really made me thumbs up..the performance was so good till I felt my soul was totally sank in the rhythm of music.... and it did temporarily drove away the pressure of study that was burdening me~


"Modeum Book"




"Hwa Gwan Moo"




So finally, 4 days of conference has come to an end. Although I was totally exhausted throughout the 4 days...sacrifying my time and energy (n most importantly, causing me unable to chat with my dear whom I miss a lot :-s) but it was indeed a nice experience....going through the stages of organizing a function ~!

2 comments:

Bong Siu Lun said...

hey, you should leave the beef for me. Aiyo ~ wasted.

GoodGuy said...

;;) Can't chat with your dear hia???